Art is not what you see, but what you make others see. Edgar Degas
My love story with art…
I am most passionate about creating art and that very personal process is a deep part of my spirit that weaves itself throughout all aspects of my life. I’ve always been interested in the healing aspect of art that hopefully will resonate with the viewer in a meaningful way. Whether I create art that is ethereal, spiritual, realistic, impressionistic or whimsical in nature, I want that piece to give back a visual experience for each individual who sees my work.
What are the benefits of owning a Dee Van Houten original painting or fine art giclee prints?
- Owning an original piece of art that was created by me will surely have a positive effect on the owner because they were attracted to my art for some personal reason.
- My art will not only decorate your environment, but enrich it as well.
- Buying art (not just mine), supports artists and allows them to keep on creating interesting new pieces (hopefully)!
- The aesthetics of buying art for your home or office…making your space look even better!
- My original art is one-of-a-kind and created by me in the state of Virginia.
- There is always a story that goes along with my art.
- Buying my original art or giclee prints will connect you on an emotional level with the piece that you purchase.
- Buying original artwork always appreciates in value and that’s a good thing!
- Remember not to stress over if the art you love and want to buy will ‘match’ your sofa or other decor…buy it because you love the way it looks and makes you feel.
- And don’t forget to support your local artists!
Painting mediums I currently use are archival ink, acrylic ink, gouache, alcohol ink and color pencil. My newest original works in alcohol ink have an impressionistic and lyrical aura about them. My SoulWorks paintings are how I express my personal thoughts, awareness and sensitivity about my spiritually.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my art and know that I am revealing to you my truth and beliefs that reside softly within.
©2019 Dee Van Houten; All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use prohibited.