These distinctive aluminum cuff bracelets are hand-etched and hammered in a free-form style. Etched lines, images and abstract shapes create beautiful textural effects. For example, unique elements and a variety of metals, such as, fine .925 sterling silver beads and charms give the design a contemporary look. In addition to antique silver, other elements include oxidized sterling silver and repurposed findings. Also, vintage beads, crystals and/or other components may be used.
Aluminum is a durable, strong and lightweight metal. Furthermore, it is comfortable to wear. Also, there is no nickel, copper, lead or iron in this metal. I create handmade one-of-a-kind bracelet and necklace designs.
Aluminum Cuff Bracelets
Aluminum is a wonderful metal to work with. For example, these aesthetically designed aluminum cuff bracelets are made of a type of metal that is often overlooked. But, this metal should not be as it is quite versatile and very beautiful. Also, aluminum is hypoallergenic, lightweight and has a nice shine once it is hand-etched and buffed. For instance, doing this makes the metal look like sterling silver but is less expensive than sterling.
- Aluminum never tarnishes
- Contains no iron and will not rust
- Nickel, copper and lead-free metal
- Easy to clean
- Non-toxic and safe to wear
All of the open-cuff bracelets I design are from 1 inch to 3 inches wide. They will approximately fit a 6″ to 7.5″ wrist. Also, some are adjustable but it depends on the gauge (thickness) of the metal I use. The aluminum cuff bracelets wrap around the wrist like a cuff (think cuff of a shirt).
My cuff bracelets are hand-etched in lovely, textural patterns. I usually add a crystal stone and/or sterling silver beads wrapped in sterling or oxidized sterling silver. Furthermore, this type of bracelet can be made of gold, brass, silver or copper. I exclusively use the durable aluminum metal and mix other metals with it to create a very unique design.
Modern and Fashionable Aluminum Cuff Bracelets
My artisan handmade aluminum cuff bracelets are modern looking. Equally important, they are eye-catching, stylish and feminine. I also blend different metals together for dramatic and edgy accents. This gives them a sophisticated style.
Each aluminum cuff bracelet is distinctive and diverse. This also gives them a unique one-of-a-kind appeal. They are hand-crafted in a free-form manner. Every bracelet is hand-etched and hand-hammered. Finally, this gives them a graceful and lovely finish.
Cuff Bracelet Materials
I use a variety of materials when I design my aluminum cuff bracelets. For instance, here is a list of components that are often used in my open-cuff bracelets:
- Oxidized sterling silver
- .925 fine sterling silver
- Swarovski crystals
- Repurposed findings
- Raw crystals such as amethyst and quartz
- Antique and sterling silver beads and charms
- Sterling silver, antique pewter, Tibetan silver
Rumi (image below) is an appealing handmade, hand-etched cuff bracelet. I used antique silver and sterling silver beads on the front of the bracelet. The 6″ long and 1.5″ wide metal cuff is hand-etched with hearts in a free-form design. I antiqued the metal and used color on some of the hearts. Furthermore, attached to the bracelet is a smaller, hand-etched heart with a purple embedded Swarovski crystal. The inside of the cuff is also hand-textured. This bracelet will fit a 7-8″ wrist circumference. One-of-a-kind design.
- Hand-etched with hearts
- Antique and sterling silver beads
- Smaller hand-etched heart with Swarovski crystal
- One-of-a-kind design
- Fits 7-8″ wrists
- Versatile, hypoallergenic, lightweight, durable, strong
- Never tarnishes or rusts (contains no iron)
- No copper in aluminum; will not turn your skin green
- Nickel, lead free
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic
- Perfect metal for sensitive skin
- Easy to clean; use dish soap, lightly buff with included buffing cloth
How To Correctly Put On and Remove Cuff
- Turn wrist to side; slide cuff over the side of wrist
- Do not squeeze from top as this will misshape bracelet
- Turn wrist over so that you are looking at the ends of the bracelet; gently press in on the ends to tighten
- Some thicker metals won’t have any give and you may not be able to tighten
- When it’s time to remove the bracelet just reverse the steps.
How To Care For Aluminum Cuff Bracelets
- Keep bracelet dry, clean; store in humid-free place
- Do not expose to water
- Keep away from any chemicals